February 13-14, 2016
A Fun Tournament for Everyone
After a hard winter, the AYSO Meltdown is just the thing to defrost your players and allow them to shake off the ice and get ready for the 2016 spring season. The AYSO Meltdown "Friendly" and "FunFest" Tournament will be held in the heart of the Southwest at the foot of the Sandia Mountains just north of Albuquerque. Just an hour from historic Santa Fe, Albuquerque is the perfect setting for a February tournament. Numerous tourist attractions and ski areas make Albuquerque the perfect place for fun, on and off the soccer field!
Come and play! Ride the Sandia Peak Tram and SKI! visit Old Town! Visit Santa Fe! A good time is waiting to be had by all!
Albuquerque is one of the few locations where you can play soccer in the morning and ski in the afternoon!
Team Registration will be open closer to the Tournament.
Continuing this Year for the Meltdown "Friendly"!
- Registration is a FLAT $125.00
- Our FUN Meltdown T-shirts can be pre-ordered for $5.00 per t-shirt (which keeps registration lower)!
- A REFUNDABLE $100.00 Referee Deposit will be required (to attract more Referee's)
- All teams 1st Game will end in a "practice shootout" (shots from the mark).
Schedules will be available closer to the tournament.
The tournament will be held on 22 (or more) fields at the beautiful Soccer Complex in Bernalillo, just a few minutes north of Albuquerque.
Each team is guaranteed 4 games:
"Friendly" Tournament Format
- U9 and U10 - 7-a-side.
- U11 and U12 - 9-a-side.
- U13 and up - 11-a-side.
Monitored FREE Substitutions will be allowed for ALL age groups from U09 through U19
- U7 and U8 - 5-a-side.
- U9 and U10 - 7-a-side.
Substitutions will be done by quarters.
Game durations and details will be as shown in the official rules (see below).
Roster for teams will be limited as follows:
- U9 and U10 - 11 players
- U11 and U12 - 14 players.
- Older - 18 players.
NOTE: Four guest players will be allowed per team (not to go over the roster limit).
Roster for AYSO teams will be limited as follows:
- U7 and U8 - 7 players.
- U9 and U10 - 10 players.
$125.00 per team
$90.00 per team (ALL players get t-shirts)
Mandatory Check In
Check in will be at the Hotel Cascada located at 2500 Carlisle Boulevard NE
(Albuquerque, NM 87110), on Friday, February 12th, from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
At check in Club, AYSO ACT (Tournament), and AYSO EXTRA teams must provide:
- Medical releases.
- Pass cards for each player and coach.
- Photocopy or original signed roster (as described under "Player Eligibility in the official rules).
- Travel papers if traveling from out of state.
- Guest player forms for all guest players.
At checkin AYSO Primary Core Teams must provide:
- Registration form with medical release.
- Roster from eAYSO or signed by the Regional Commissioner.
- Player Cards (or 4 line up cards if you don’t have player cards – one for each game)
For more information contact:
Tournament Director (Friendly)
Tournament Director (FunFest)
Tournament Referee Administrator
Host Hotel Information
2500 Carlisle Boulevard NE
Albuquerque, NM 87110
Specials for the AYSO Meltdown Teams:
- $75.00/night Standard Two Double Beds
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Admission to Sports & Wellness Athletic Club (age restrictions apply)
- Indoor Water Park Passes discount Rate of $17.00/person (normal $29.00/person)
Team managers should call the hotel 505-888-3311 to receive instructions on how to get the group rates for the Meltdown Tournament for their team(s).
For further information visit Hotel Cascada Web-Site at: www.thehotelcascada.com